Wednesday 26 February 2014

My trip to the moon!

I always wondered what it felt like to walk on the moon,when I was ten years old almost eleven,I thought the moon was a giant Baby bell! Coming from a poor background I never went any where apart from school, home and the local super market.

When night fell, and everyone was asleep I crept out of my broken, wooden bed to the window. I would peer through the curtains wanting and wanting to be there my self. Every birthday that was my one wish. Then one day it happened.

Lets go forwards seven years. As I herd the crash of the letter box crash against the door, I ran down the old, wooden stairs. As I picked up the letter I realised it was from the coconut space station. My heart raced the letter said Miss Charlie Smith and my address as I opened the important letter it said I had an invitation to fly to the moon!

My training took three years, so I was twenty when I could for fill my dream. Four weeks after the letter was delivered Miss Charlie Smith, me, was of to America. Know one knew how long I’d be, terns out I was seven years. I missed my family terribly, every night I thought to my self is the moon really a giant Baby bell.

“ Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Zero lift of!” the loud speakers boomed,
 “This is what I wished for and it came true, don’t be scared!” Suddenly I realised I was thinking out loud opps!

I am going to land on the giant baby bell I mean the moon in less than ten seconds “ nine, eight, I cant wait, four, three, two, one, zero! I’m on the moon!” I screamed. As I took my first step on the moon I realised the moon is not a giant baby bell in fact it is a , wait for it drum roll please, this is a story I know but any way, it’s a giant Victoria sponge.

As you all know, as we live on the moon now, the moon is extremely tasty. If you dig into the centre of the moon it is full of butter cream and jam. If you think that’s wired then you obviously haven’t met the marshmallow monsters. The aliens of the moon, don’t worry there harmless, I think but anyway the moon is made of cake.

As I stared at the deserted moon noticing every sprinkle crater, wondering if I’ve uncovered the truth of the moon. As I walked further and further , I noticed tiny white specks which looked like salt or sugar. Then I noticed it was icing sugar.

The colour of the moon was Hawaiian sand pale and white. As I peered over the edge of the moon the clouds floated gracefully ready to give you a hug

5 comments:

  1. very good
    in that paragraph where you count down i liked how it rymed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you writing about yourself going to the moon or someone else? Like Kate you have a great chance of being in the top 50!
    From Ciara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am writing as if it was a diary and it obviously is not a true story
      from Lauren

      Delete
  3. Good descriptions and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very imaginative.... it was taking a well known saying and putting it into a brilliant, hilarious story!

    ReplyDelete