Wednesday 26 February 2014

                                                                500 Word Challenge
                                                                
                             


                               Misdirection by Ben Wiggett


This story begins in the city at who knows what time, with me being shot at. For you to know what happened I'll take it back way back to the beginning.


It seemed to be like any other day with the classic car driving by in a puddle, splashing water all over me like a dark rainy day. I just sighed and trudged off to work. When I got there I was told that I was 45 minutes late and that is the same as stealing. Feeling depressed, I took the elevator to the top floor at my work station next to the window.


After about an hour I started to hear gun fire outside. I looked down, a fat guy was being shot. I ran to the elevator. When I got to the bottom floor I ran out of the door and over to the fat guy. I asked what his name was. He said Spencer Gibbons and then he died.


When I got home I thought I have heard that name before so I went to search him up on the Wiki and found out he was the owner of the largest cat's eye gem. Then I had to turn on the TV, the cat's eye gem had been stolen from the most secure vault in the world.


The cat's eye gem is a spherical piece of pure mint green emerald with a small piece of carbon black obsidian in the centre, and is one of the rarest gems on earth. I didn't know how to react, I was gobsmacked. If they could get into the most secure vault in the world, imagine what they could do to a normal bank.


For the next 5 hours I was trying to figure out how they did it. After that I had a cup of black coffee and a tuna sandwich. I ended up trying to find out how they did it all night, or what I thought.


When I woke up it was still dark. Suddenly I heard a large thud. I ran outside. There was nothing there. I ran over to my neighbour to ask him if he had heard it. I knocked on the door. There was no answer. I ran past my work building and oddly the top floor light was on. I went inside. I took the elevator to the top. I saw my boss Mr Ned Curryer holding the cat's eye gem. Accidently I knocked the table, he saw me, he took out a magnum. I ran for the stairs, I just got there. I was sprinting down the stairs while he rapidly fired his gun. It missed. I got out of the building, he was still firing.


I kept running, he still fired at me. I was on a chase for quite long. Finally he fired and it hit me in the back of the head and everything went black.




 

1 comment: