Wednesday 18 December 2013

Skiing Trip

It was manic; everyone was so existed about our epic skiing trip. All the Dodos class was ready to go, since this was the first time skiing for most of the Dodos we were the most existed ones.

First of all we watched skiing Sunday and got a few ideas about skiing. It was inspirational to me.

Then after a few minuets we got on the bus and set of on our new trip.

When we got there we got the extremely weird feeling boots (they felt like skates).

My friends and I got held up by none other than, Kyle so we had to wait about half an hour before the next person could take their turn. When I got my skis I went outside to get some fresh air.

After about an hour we got ready to roll but before we could go skiing we had to put our skis on. It took quite a while for a few groups of people but for me it was like I was a professional.

Next was the warm up and fortunately this didn’t take long because we only needed to get used to the feel of the skis. He also talked about the safety which was what happened when we crashed.  

Later on we had to side step up the hill so the Dodos could get around half way. Then we had to turn around, now you may think this is easy but it is not because we had to turn around like a clock. When we were going down the hill we had to put our hands on our knees.

The group I was in got to go on the travlelater so the group could get to the top. And at the end Henry (me) and Kyle got to race and unfortunately he won but I was not trying but he said I was.

Just before lunch we had to wash the skis and get the whole class changed. Ben made me take his boots off and I accidentally knocked my drink over.

Now it was lunch time and it was so relaxing because the Dodos got to see the skiers and the snow borders go down the big hill.

Finally the class got back in the bus to go home well not really home but school just in time for lunchtime break.


I conclude that most of the Dodos loved it so why don’t you have a try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment