Thursday 18 July 2013

100wc by Annie webb

100wc

Everyone in the orphanage made me feel imprisoned in my own shadow.Their treatment was like an arrow piercing my heart.That was until...


I felt boxed in this coffin which was enclosing. Sometimes I cower in a dark, damp corner away from the bullys.My eye lids fall shut and this feeling starts to eat away at my soul I wondered what I would do to lose this horrible nightmare of darkness.


Suddenly the agonizing pain shoots me in the gut, everything becomes real. In a blink of an eye my life was over...


By
Annie Webb


1 comment:

  1. A very powerful piece, Annie. Your opening sentence is excellent: 'imprisoned in my own shadow'.
    Very mature, confident writing.
    You just need to keep a check on your tenses - decide if you are writing in the past or present.

    ReplyDelete