Tuesday 15 October 2013

Eleanor`s 100wc

The sea was strangely calm and still before it happened. It hit me like a hurricane, my body sliding to the end of the deck. 'Be prepared for anything,' I said, making a mental note of what could happen to me. I reached out for the luminous  safety jacket and thought that I could be in for a bumpy ride. Memories of tales of life-threatening storms flooded into my head. Slowly, the sky got darker with gloomy, black clouds. Then i saw it. A giant wave- a tsunami. I suddenly wished I was back at home ...

11 comments:

  1. Go Ellie nice 100wc say hello to DOOLEY for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ellie, this is a really good challenge as you set a scene where the reader understands the character and their situation before adding the impending problem. Your character searches for their life jacket and then you hit the reader with the tsunami - we realize that no life-jacket will help in that situation and of course are left wondering what happens! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good descriptive words awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me think that I'm on the boat watching your story unfold. It creates a clear picture in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, like cupcake heaven said, it creates a picture in your head. I really want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant discribing words

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice word ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. used capital letters

    ReplyDelete